We’ve all had it happen — that moment of horror when you realize you have an ingrown hair (sometimes more than one) on your balls. It happens to most of us - especially if you always like to give your balls a nice salon. But sometimes, no matter what you do, they always appear. There's nothing worse than an itchy, painful, swollen ingrown hair. It feels like a ball of barbed wire sitting on your ball skin, and mate - it’s unpleasant!
Ingrown hair on balls… is not something any of us want to deal with. Most of the time, they occur when a hair curls under and continues to grow under the skin, causing irritation and bumpy redness.
We have several pro tips to help prevent ingrown hairs:
(1) Check your razor. It’s easy to forget replacing razors but heads up: this could be the primary culprit for ingrown hair on balls. Before shaving your balls, always
check your razors. Is the blade still sharp? Does it still look good? Is there any
rust on the blades? When the blade is no longer sharp, always replace it. When
your blade tugs on your hair, it’s also time to replace it.
(2) Shave with the direction of hair growth and not against. The way the hair is cut
influences how it grows back. Shaving in the opposite direction of hair growth
increases the risk of the hair growing back into the skin.
(3) Always shave in the shower and use warm water. We love the Wim Hof shower
method but when it comes to shaving your balls, freezing cold water is not
particularly pleasant. Warm water will help soften the coarse pubic hairs and
you’ll be comfortable enough to pay attention to what you’re doing down there.
Avoid hot water, though. This can dry out the skin and cause irritation. And for
the Wim Hof enthusiasts: splash some cold(er) water on your balls post-shave to
close the pores.
(4) Use a lubricant when shaving. Shaving oil protects the skin and reduces razor
burn. And just a friendly little reminder - take your time.
(5) Never underestimate the benefits of aftercare. Especially if you have sensitive
skin, shaving can lead to irritation. By using a proper aftershave lotion,
(6) Your skin needs repair, that’s why we developed the Bald Balls After care lotion. Our customers are loving it so far! It makes the skin better, soothes the skin and prevents ingrown hair on balls from forming.
If you do spot an ingrown hair, try to prevent further irritation of the skin until it cleans up.
I hope that these tips helped you on your ingrown hair problems. No one wants a to have a painful shaving experience. With these tips, you can say goodbye to ingrown hairs for good!